Wednesday, September 30, 2009

All Quite on the Southern Front

The weather has changed for the better in Atlanta and I’m happy to say the Summer is officially gone. I’ve been on two walks with Ryan and the sky can’t be more blue than it is right now. I’m happy to report the grass is greener on my side of the street.

I’m anticipating the new Michael Moore movie coming out in October. His last few documentaries have been amazing. I don’t agree with 100% of his ideas and politics but even with all the spin in this movie, there is truth. And truth is hard to come by these days. With all the junk in the media, news stations adding their opinions and fear tactics from our government, it’s a wonder that we all haven’t checked in.

Michael Moore is great at showing us what we’re not used to seeing. Although I don’t agree with some of his suggestions and disagree with his solutions to our nations problems, I respect what he has done as an artist. And before I'm labeled a pessimist I'd like to add that I did come up with a plan for getting us through the economic free fall. It involves a brick wall, a large shovel, 300 rotten tomatoes and a lot of peoples time. Details to follow . . .

Overall I’m sure the new flick will be better than watching some d-bag talk about Mackenzie Phillips and her horrific plight. Nor do I care to hear the update on Jon and Kate Gosselin. It’s hard to filter though all the mess on cable and find anything worth watching. And for some reason, I still pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment